What is BrandMeister?
BrandMaster/BrandMeister is an operating software for Master servers participating in a worldwide infrastructure network of amateur radio digital voice systems.
- If you are an amateur radio operator working in digital voice modes like D-Star, DMR, C4FM, APCO P25 or others (not all are supported yet!!). You do not need to know much about BrandMeister, and it’s very easy to operate on its infrastructure.
- If you are an amateur radio operator that runs a repeater in your local area, you may be interested in learning some more about BrandMeister and how you can take part in it.
A brief overview of BrandMeister core features:
- Switching system for IP-enabled conventional Tier-2 DMR radio
- Supports the most known network-access and end-user equipment making it easily expandable
- Performs switching on the Layer 3 (Call Control) of the DMR stack
- Has an embedded data stack (Layer 4)
- Has embedded data and voice applications
- Flexible routing based on data stored in a global database, local memory cache, and Lua scripts
- Event notification using messaging queues (calls, connections, alarms, messages, locations and telemetry)
- Allows one to build their own network based on mesh technology
BrandMeister allows you…
- To roam automatically from repeater to repeater
- To make private QSOs on any time-slot
- To make world-wide QSOs with any type of amateur DMR network
- To send my location to APRS
- To send and receive SMS messages
- To send and receive SMS messages to or from APRS
- To control some electric thing using my DMR radio as a remote control device
- Common-use applications:
Link to Brandmeister Network Website: http://brandmeister.network
I also recommend visiting the Pi-Star site which has a current list of Brandmeister Talkgroups. You can find it at: https://pi-star.uk it is also the place to get your Pistar bits and pieces when programming an MMDVM hotspot.